Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2nd ultrasound = heartbeat!

I had my second ultrasound this morning. The parents drove down from Chicago area to be present with me. I gave them a book from our library for their son about being a big brother. They gave me some salad dressing as I have been craving salad much more than usual lately. I think it is safe to say it is officially a pregnancy craving and the momma wanted to satisfy my craving. :)
Well, I am considered 6.5 weeks along. The embryo measured at 7 weeks. We were able to see a fluttering heartbeat and hear it! It always amazes me that this lil' tadpole creature has a heartbeat already! The heart rate was 117, which is within normal range. Everything appears to be moving nicely along. I will wait to hear from the doctor's office so they can discuss the results with me. I believe I have to get one more ultrasound in a week or two and I get to decrease some medication.
I am thrilled for the parents! So good to see them and see the smiles on their faces.
I have no pictures since the parents took them, but it was so cool to see a growing lil' bean in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment