Friday, March 2, 2012

Thyroid doctor appt.

I went for my endocrinologist appt. yesterday. He stated my thyroid in my neck was larger than normal and asked a bunch of questions. I have been feeling sluggish lately. At my 2 week post partum appt, I had lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks and maintained that weight to my 6 week followup. However, the TSH numbers were extremely low signifying that I was taking too much medication. It is often required to take more thyroid medication during pregnancy since the baby is taking some from you. I guess it is common to need medication increases during pregnancy, then decreases after. My OB physician referred me to the endocrinologist then I had to wait several weeks to see. The endo. doctor advised me to stop taking all thyroid medication until I saw him and have blood work done. I discontinued the medication and in a matter of 4 weeks, I gained back 11 pounds! I thought I had put on weight again, but was surprised to see how much in a short amount of time. What significant, drastic changes in short amounts of time! I had blood work done after the appt. and am supposed to wait for a call from the doctor office to discuss the treatment plan. I will be shocked if he does not put me on some dose of medication. We will see!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it was because of the bad weather and the flu around the town or it was just me, but several months ago I really started feeling down. Depression easily took hold and I found myself unable to perform even some simple everyday tasks. I heard from friends about http://www.mccallmcpherson.com/ and contacted her, I must say I'm really happy and impressed with her work.

    ReplyDelete