Saturday, February 26, 2011

Freak out today!

Oh my goodness....what a day.

I had not heard from the fertility doctor this morning, so I called their office at 1 PM. They received the results of my blood work, but not the ultrasound. My thyroid is at 4.83 - they want it below 4, so increased my Synthroid from 75 mcg to 100 mcg.

If we did not get the results of the sonogram today, it could throw everything off, so I was freaking out. I did not want to be responsible for screwing this up! The mother and I have both worked very hard up to this point! Due to being on Saturday, most offices are closed, so I got no answers when I called the ultrasound department, OB/gyn dept, or reproductive medicine. After talking to the fertility nurse, we thought we would have to wait till Monday to deal with it. However, I was freaking out after the discussion with her and the thought it might screw everything up, SO.......I made some more phone calls. I called the general information number and let them know what was going on. They directed me to call patient advisory number who was not helpful at the time stating that other physicians can call the clinic and get emergency after hours numbers for the the physicians that are needed and they should know how to do this - it is standard protocol.......okkkkkk. So I call the fertility clinic who then calls the general information for the clinic. They had no idea what this "protocol" was. I call the patient advisory back and explain the conversation. The patient advisory wants to check with general information that the phone call was actually made....ok - yeah, I am making this crap up lady!!!!! She puts me on hold and comes back and transfers me to "communications" department. I guess these are the people who can contact doctors after hours.....????? I dunno. I talked with some lady that listened to my whole ordeal with the problems I had yesterday about the ultrasound and how important the results were given to the fertility doctor today. For some reason, the ultrasound could not be released until a doctor reviewed them from my clinic, even if the order was from another doctor????? I don't understand...I only heard bits of pieces of all the problems when getting the ultrasound done yesterday. The lady in communications found the ultrasound films in the computer, but no report. She had to make some phone calls and eventually the films were read and a simple report was sent to the fertility doctor!!!!!! whew! My endo lining was 5.5. It was enough information to be able to make changes to my meds. I am to decrease the Lupron from10 to 5 units and add Estrace and an aspirin. I started that this evening. I am supposed to get more bloodwork and another ultrasound this Wednesday and get my thyroid levels checked in 3 weeks.

After getting this resolved, I had the worst headache I think I have EVER had in my life. When I get anxiety, I tend to forget to breathe! I even felt nauseous! It took me a good hour to recover and return to feeling good. I am SO relieved that we got it resolved!

I will certainly be checking that everything is in place for the ultrasound on Wednesday and I go to the best location to have it done. Now, I am going to go enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment