Monday, June 28, 2010


Just a quick note to say I talked with the attorney who will be representing me. We will start on a contract after I pass the psychological evaluation. I also had my pap smear which was normal. I mailed my pap smear results, signed doctor approval form, and signed agency contracts for Brian and I to the agency. I believe the next step will be completing the psych eval. Moving forward! :)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moving forward!

I heard from the agency today. The intended parents decided to move forward with me. Officially, we are matched up! Yay! The next step in the process is the legal contract. I have an attorney that specializes with these types of contracts to contact in the next couple of days. I also had my most recent pap smear last week that I need to request those records and results to be sent to the agency. At the appt, the midwife signed a medical clearance form, so I need to send that. They have already received all my OB/labor/delivery records. Things are moving could be as soon as 3 months and I may be pregnant! Wow! I am excited to fulfill my dream of being a surrogate! I will keep you updated as new things happen.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More waiting......decision time soon

Well, ugh. The agency rep called today to keep me filled in. The intended parents have not made a final decision yet as they are meeting with their attorney tomorrow to discuss some apprehension that they have with the complications only insurance policy. They did not receive all the information/assurance they would have liked through the insurance company and want something more solid before moving forward. Their attorney has had experience with this insurance company or similar insurance policies and may be able to alleviate some of the parent's concerns or get the paperwork that they desire. The agency rep will be contacting me by Friday with more information. At some point, there will be no f urther research that will need to be made and a decision will simply be made if they want to choose me or someone else. The agency rep and I both hope a decision is made soon so things can start moving forward - either with this intended couple or matching me up with someone else. I am excited to move forward and hope it starts sooner rather than later.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quick update

The agency has been keeping me updated well on the happenings/thoughts of the intended parents. I guess the parents have been busy calling my hospital and clinic to find out a clearer idea of the estimate of charges they may have to pay. They have also been in contact with the complications only insurance plan to inquire about specifics of that. It sounds like the intended mother is ready to move forward. We are just waiting for the intended father to be comfortable with the financial aspects of it all. They are investing A LOT of money into this. I understand the reluctance to enter into a legal contract until they are fully informed. I should know soon if I will be working with this particular couple or not.