Thursday, December 15, 2011

1 week ago

1 week ago, I delivered a beautiful baby girl to a wonderful family.

BEFORE Grace arrived, her mom often times stated it felt surreal. During that time, it felt very real for me as I was carrying her. Now, I think it probably has switched. I feel that surreal feeling. It has only been a week, I am still recovering from the delivery, so it should still be very real for me. However, sometimes it feels like a world away, like a dream ...it is surreal.

I have spent my recovery time relaxing with the kids, watching shows on Netflix, reading some quilt magazines and books, putzing slowly around the house doing minimal tasks, and contacting friends online.

I think surrogacy will be in my blood for awhile. I appreciate my friends that have been there since the very beginning, offering words of encouragement. It is awesome that some people have followed me from the time I expressed interest in it to the the delivery. Truly awesome! Thank you friends for sharing in my experience! I have enjoyed reading other people's blogs and connecting with new people. Just this past week, I have met 2 new people because of this adventure.

I have communicated with Grace's family via e-mail and everyone is doing very well.

My breast milk came in and my breasts were VERY uncomfortable for 2 days, but it has started to fade. I still have some sore areas and need to further dry up, but nothing like I imagined it was going to be. I am feeling a bit more hormonal these last 2 days. Weepy at nothing and silly, minor things. Looking forward to that passing!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your recovery is going well! I am SO not looking forward to the hormonal stage after the birth. Because my IP's are international they will be here for a few weeks and I'll be able to nurse the baby for that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better and getting to spend some down time with your family. Be good to yourself, indulge every whim, you deserve it. You have given the most amazing gift to another family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you are doing well!!! Im sure those hormone rages suck! Something to look forward to I guess lol Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete