Tuesday, October 29, 2013

OB appointment

Had my appointment with my OB. My BP was 124/78. My Dr. wants me to wait to get the flu shot till next month. I will plan on going before or after my next appointment. He advised me to take a 24 hour allergy medication like Alavert or Zyrtec to decrease the allergy symptoms. He said I could also take a Benadryl at bedtime IF NEEDED. They did a quick check of Jeremias on the portable ultrasound machine. He was wiggling around and his little heartbeat looked good - so cute. Next appointment will be the sonogram (I should get more pictures) - it is scheduled for November 26 and I will meet with Dr.'s nurse practitioner afterwards. I see Dr. S____ again on December 30. During the last appointment with the nurse midwife, he mentioned probably doing an ultrasound around 32 weeks to determine the baby's size. If the baby was small in weight, we could do a vaginal birth after cesarean, if the baby was heavy - a c-section would be recommended. Today, I discussed this with Dr. S____. He asked if this was the last time I was going to be pregnant. I said yes. He recommended a scheduled c-section so we would not have possible complications with a vaginal birth after cesarean. He would be the one performing this. He presented Thursday, April 10th, 2014 as the birth date. I would be 39 weeks on this day. I asked the daddies if they have any opinions on this and will this date work for them both. We might just have birth date. I also completed blood work for my thyroid levels as I have an appointment with my endocrinologist next week. Moving right along. :)

2 comments: